As with most babies, Arnan’s first solid food was rice cereal and banana. He quickly decided, however, that he did not like purees and particularly did not like being spoon fed them! So as soon as he was able to hold a piece of banana and take it to his mouth, that’s what he ate.
Imagine my surprise then when, biting into a banana today, he spat it out. It seems that Arnan no longer enjoys the texture. I don’t know what made me think of it, but I’ve been wanting to try out a peanut banana snack I’d heard of, so that’s what I made with the rest of the banana.
You can give this just as is to your baby or you can turn it into a tasty sandwich filler.
(In proportions according to your preference and taste)
- Banana (I used about half a small banana)
- Peanut butter (I used about 1/2 a teaspoon)
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Mash the banana to the consistency your baby prefers
- Add the peanut butter and mix
- Watch your baby gobble up this tasty goop snack